Thermal asphalt duvets maintain temperature to save energy and improve quality
Because asphalt cools on the way from the mixing facility to the road construction site, producers often resort to overheating to compensate for thermal loss – or end up using asphalt at temperatures below the optimal. COMBITHERM thermal asphalt mats provide optimal protection during transportation and at onsite stockpiles to save energy and improve asphalt quality. The durable mats withstand temperatures up to 230°C, and can be laid directly on the asphalt and under a tarpaulin.
- Cuts thermal loss from 25% per hour to 8% per hour
- Protects personnel from heat and toxic fumes
- Lightweight and easy for one man to handle – a 4.5 x 6 m mat weighs just 7.3 kg
- Durable: Resists bitumen stains, easy to clean, reinforced edges and metal eyelets
- Customer-specified sizes and thermal qualities